- Gas flow data independent on gas pressure and temperature
- For gas temperatures up to 290 °C and gas pressure up to 63 bar
- Pressure-proof dual compartment stainless steel enclosure
- Slewable packing gland avoids moisture permeation in outdoor installations
- Compact and rugged design for exceptional reliability
- Easy to install and service
- Unmatched accuracy due to digital signal processing
- Expandable due to modular design
- EEX [ia] Zone 0 optionally available
The COMBIMASS® compact series of gas mass flow meters are field transmitters for flow rate measurement. They are especially designed for process applications at temperatures of up to 290°C and operating pres¬sures of up to 63 bars. Optionally, the units are available in explosion-proof versions for Zone 1 or Zone 0. The flow transmitters apply thermal dispersion technology in order to measure directly the normal volumetric or gas mass flow, regardless of the operating pressure and temperature of the medium.
All units of the COMBIMASS® series are characterized by high-performance digital signal processing. Important features of the transmitter electronics for the purposes of practical operation are the temperature compensation and the opportunity to select different measuring modes (choice between constant current or constant temperature principle).
The electronics of the COMBIMASS® compact is located in a compression-proof dual compartment stainless steel enclosure. The slewable cable gland for easy installation is ideally suited for outside operation of the flow transmitter. Optionally a 10 digits LED display with control panel is available for indication of actual flow rate or totalized flow as well as for field programming of the flow meter.
For transmission of the flow signal an isolated 4-20 mA analog output as well as a field selectable pulse output are available. For intrinsically safe operation a dedicated process interface module has been deve¬loped for the power supply of the flow transmitter. In such a case, the signal output is done via an I/O module installed downstream of the process interface module. The circuitry of the process interface module and the I/O module is located in a top hat rail housing for easy switch cabinet assembly. Also an optionally available graphic display can be installed there.
The flow transmitter can be assembled individually according to the specific application. Each flow meter will be tested prior to shipment and calibrated at our CAMASS® calibration lab under actual operating conditions.
- Air and technical gases
- Combustion gases such as methane, propane, natural gas, etc.
- Waste gas measurement, especially at high process temperatures
- Combustion air in incineration plants
- Highly corrosive, explosive and flammable gases
- Gases at extreme process conditions
- Process gases such as acetylene, H2, phosgene, ozone, etc.
- Gases and gas mixtures of known composition